Friday, December 19, 2008

Total BFF

Yesterday I got to spend some quality time with my good friend, Colin. It was so good to reconnect with him after a few months apart.

There are friendships that get weird over time because some people change so much that it is nearly impossible to find a commonplace with them. A place where you can really connect.

Colin has changed what he does, but not who he is. I respect that. More than I can really say.

1996- I meet Colin in our third grade class. We hang out and blow stuff up and jump out of swings with moon shoes on. We would also freeze his sister's Barbies.

2001- Colin gets into the art scene. Mainly drawing if I remember correctly. He also discovers chainmail. This takes up most of his life. He also begins to ride one of these bad boys.

2003- Still into skateboards. Not as much chainmail. A whole lot more art. For some reason a memory of this game sticks out in my mind.

2005- We go to different schools now. He begins to get awesome at Pole Vaulting. He gets even better at art. Specifically graffiti stuff.

2007- Both Colin and I graduate high school. We hang out a ton. He goes to APU on an art and pole vaulting scholarship.

2008- After knowing the kid for 12 years (maybe more) I can honestly say that he is a true friend. I couldn't say enough about him to do him justice.

I visited him over spring break this year out in LA and had the best week of my life. We beached. We camped. We biked. We Hollywooded.

He is currently really into fixed gear bikes. He got me into them too, and I love it.
And to think, I didn't even begin to talk about him hitting me in the face with a shovel...

No comments: