Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring, Sprang, Sprung

With the coming of spring, many great things occur. Flowers begin to bloom, everyone seems to be in a better mood, girls start wearing their sundresses and guys their cutoff shorts.

Everyone is relatively happy.

Until you encounter the dreaded Bradford Pear Tree.


You have all seen these trees. They look very pretty. In fact, I enjoy seeing one of these. The look of the tree is not what I have a problem with.

No, my problem is with the smell. These trees smell like dog poop mixed with fish that has been sitting in a hot garage for days. They make me want to vomit.

Moving on.

Yesterday I had to work the "Safer Spring Break" fair. Basically Taylor Health and Wellness Center decided to hand out more condoms, tampons, sunscreen, and maroon t-shirts that read "Most Bears decide not to drink" than usual. I pushed play on an iPod and read my book for 5 hours.

In turn I got this gem.


Finally, last night I went to my friend Blaise's apartment to watch a movie and smoke hookah.


If this movie were put in a blow-your-mind competition with Donnie Darko (or any other cult classic un-understandable movie ever released) Syecdoche, New York would win without a doubt. Phillip Symour-Hoffman is one of my favorite actors, and he does his absolute best in this. Not to mention I paid attention to the max and still have surface ideas of how to interpret it.

In other news, my pandacam (set on polar bear mode) showed me this yesterday.


That bear killed something, and I caught it on tape.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey! yes i agree we need to get some serious gaming on. and by serious gaming i mean bowls. i was just thinking about that. what a great night that was.

sorry it took so long i hardly check this.

take care annd we'll have to hang out soon.
when is your spring break? mine was this week..lame.