Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Sunday Rundown

Week two of The Sunday Rundown. If anything said in this is un-understandabe, I apologize. This can be directly blamed on last nights experience at The Rescue. It was well worth it, but I am exponentially exhausted.


What I'm listening to:


I have definitely still been listening to Bon Iver (recently found it is pronounced bone evair) but as for other new music... Grizzly Bear- Veckatimest. Tracks: Two Weeks, Cheerleader, and Foreground.


What I'm watching:


Earth was a very entertaining movie. James Earl Jones rules and says some pretty hilarious things. Along with some great shots of sweet aspects of nature. It may be taken directly from Planet Earth, but the way it was arranged was awesome.


The Office this week was hysterical and hopeful, which never really happens. Michael always seems to get screwed, but I was glad with the way this week turned out.


LOST was a recap, so I didn't waste my time.


30 Rock: I fell asleep watching, but it was probably funny.


I decided I didn't want to watch Parks and Recreation this week. Maybe I will later. I just wasn't in the mood this week, I guess.


YouTube- This video is funny. "What is oozing out of our ground?!"


What I'm reading:


illbred.wordpress.com- Jeff has been keeping a blog for a few years now, and I really enjoy reading what he's got to say. It's also great to go back and read past entries.


I started The Irresistible Revolution and it is in fact as good as everyone says. Read it.


Laura showed me this verse today at church. It really is wonderful.


The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him take the free gift of the water of life.
Revelation 22:17


What I'm looking forward to: Breaking in my newly acquired Chacos! I have had them for a day now, and love them. The 1 continuous strap is genius.


Something God showed me this week: He shows me everything for a reason. Last week I said "He makes all things new." This week at church that was exactly what Tim talked about. It will be up on the Jacob's Well website soon. Go to "Sermon Audio" sometime this week and click the most recent sermon.


Something I realized: I have a pretty terrible case of spring fever. This past week I played catch 3 times, played disc golf twice, went to the park 4 times, and ate 1 30 ounce sandwich with David. I ate all 15 oz. while David failed. But failed with class.


Also, I suck at driving. I rear-ended someone and my car got rocked. My dad, being the best dad that he is, fixed it yesterday. The hood was pretty well bent up and now it is just bent up. The bumper on the other hand is never going to look pretty. But, my car does have some character now.


Highlight of the week: Tie.


Thursday night in general was great. Samson spoke at club. Lisa and I split a pint of Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream from Andy's. We also ventured out on the roof of my house and watched some Arrested Development and enjoyed the beautiful weather.


Saturday night was The Rescue for Invisible Children, and 700+ people gathered at Penn Valley Park in KC and protested against the Ugandan Genocide led by Joseph Kony. It was great to be a part of something that will hopefully grow to become national news and our leaders will hopefully do something about Africa's longest war, primarily being fought by children.


Also, this is my last post as a teenager. Finally, I can legitimately join the 20 Something Blogging community!

1 comment:

Michael Watson said...

I love you Cameron. You are a great example of a Godly man. I hope our friendship lasts and grows next year.