Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Sunday Rundown


Hopefully this will become a weekly tradition. I still would like to have blogs outside of this "weekly update" thing, but this will be a staple. Something I will look forward to at the end of every week.


What I'm listening to:


Bon Iver- For Emma, Forever Ago. Tracks: Skinny Love, Lump Sum, Re:Stacks.


This is good stuff. Way sweet sounds from good voices, great harmonies and cool instrumentation.


What I'm watching:


Well, I watched Fargo earlier this week. Kinda weird, but good nonetheless. I may have a Cohen brothers bias, though.


This was a good week in television. The 4 shows I watched were all up to par.


LOST- Some Like it Hoth was great. Before I thought Miles was a joke. I now have much more respect for him. Also, Hurley and his relationship is one of my favorite parts of the show right now.


The Office- Heavy Competition. Very funny episode. Andy was hilarious as always, and Dwight vs. Michael was hilarious. I still see the show ending after next season though.


30 Rock- Jackie Jormp-Jomp. Pretty good episode. I don't really remember hilarious parts per-se, but the Janis Joplin aka. Jackie Jormp-Jomp story doesn't get old.


Parks and Recreation- Canvassing. After 2 episodes I like it. Not as much as any of my other shows, but I'm gonna give it a chance.


YouTube- Going along with Bon Iver, the YouTube channel La Blogotheque has a ton of great performances from very cool groups. All shot by Vincent Moon. He is great.


What I'm reading:


My friend Erik's blog always has something interesting to say, watch, or listen to.


Another Bullshit Night In Suck City. I have been reading this most of the semester and I haven't had a ton of time to read, but it is a great read. It is a memoir by Nick Flynn who's got a deadbeat dad that abandons him at a young age and comes through the homeless shelter Nick is working at 30 years later.


I'm also planning on starting The Irresistible Revolution this week. Why I haven't read it yet, I don't know. But Hopefully it will be done by the start of summer.


Matthew 6:25-34 One of my favorite passages, that was brought up this morning in a sermon I listened to. It provides a ton of much needed hope.


What I'm looking forward to:


CAMP! 27 days. I found out recently that I will be working on the ropes course. I am beyond pumped for that.


Something God showed me this week:


He created all that is good. He made all things new. We were created to worship Him.

Blowing my mind.


Something I realized:


I need to buy light bulbs. My primary light fixture in my room is made to host 4 bulbs. (300 watts total). Right now I'm employing 75 watts.


Also, Lisa has been in Portland for the past few days. At the beginning of August she is leaving for India for 4 and a half months. I am going to miss her. A whole lot.


Highlight of the week:


Last night was pretty great. We had about 15 or 20 people over and smoked some hookah, played games, and had some great hang out time. A nearly perfect Saturday night.

1 comment:

AcadeMama said...

You know, you have a cousin that will be living pretty close to India in a few months AND will have access to local shisha...We're gathering recruits for family and friends who are willing to come visit us, and we're willing to help defray some of the airfare cost. Just sayin!